- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Subway to launch NFC-based mobile payments nationwide
- Walmart U.S. e-commerce names new head as Joel Anderson leaves for Five Below
- Walmart U.S. CEO Bill Simon steps down; to be replaced by CEO of Walmart Asia
- Target launches image recognition app for mobile shopping
Bentonville, Ark., and Bellevue, Wash. — Walmart and T-Mobile USA, Inc. announced Monday that T-Mobile will launch a $30 unlimited web and text monthly 4G prepaid service plan to be sold exclusively in-store at more than 2,200 Walmart stores and online at Walmart.com and T-Mobile.com.
The new plan is slated for an Oct. 16 launch.
In addition, Walmart is increasing its line-up of T-Mobile phones to six, including the addition of Walmart’s first 4G prepaid handset.
“Walmart is proud to offer our customers fast and affordable mobile options, especially as texting and social networking become a regular form of communication,” said Seong Ohm, SVP entertainment for Walmart U.S.