- Dollar General digs in as Family Dollar rebuffs takeover bid
- Kantar Retail: Target Canada beats Walmart Canada on pricing
- Microsoft plans NYC flagship store; 10 new stores for holidays
- Video tour of new TargetExpress; four more locations on tap
- Survey: L.L. Bean tops in overall customer service in August
York, Pa. -- The Bon-Ton Stores announced it will close its Younkers store in the Rapids Mall in Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.
The company will not renew the lease, which terminates July 31, 2013. The closing will impact approximately 45 associates at this location.
The Bon-Ton acquired the leasehold interests in the Wisconsin Rapids store as part of the Northern Department Store Group acquisition in 2006. The department store retailer said it does not expect costs associated with the closing of the location to be material.
Associates in the Rapids Mall location will be offered the opportunity to interview for available positions at other Younkers stores or receive career transition benefits.