- Signet completes acquisition of Zale Corp., creating jewelry Goliath in malls
- Management shake-up at Signet Jewelers; Zale CEO Killion resigns
- Zale business cuts Signet Q2 profit, boosts sales
- Zales urges support for deal with Signet Jewelers
- Report: Conflict of interest may endanger Signet-Zale acquisition
Dallas -- Zale Corp. reported a bigger-than-expected first-quarter loss on Tuesday, but said it is on track to turn a profit again.
The jewelry retailer lost $28.3 million for the quarter that ended Oct. 31, compared to a year-ago loss of $31.9 million.
Revenue rose 1.8% to $357.5 million. Same store sales rose 3.9%. It was the chain’s eighth consecutive quarter of positive same-store sales.