- Signet completes acquisition of Zale Corp., creating jewelry Goliath in malls
- Management shake-up at Signet Jewelers; Zale CEO Killion resigns
- Zale business cuts Signet Q2 profit, boosts sales
- Zales urges support for deal with Signet Jewelers
- Report: Conflict of interest may endanger Signet-Zale acquisition
Dallas -- Zale Corp. posted a higher second quarter profit helped by a surge in holiday sales. Net profit rose to $28.8 million, from $27.2 million a year ago.
Overall revenue rose 6% to $663.8 million. Same-store sales rose 5.8%.